Halfway Mark

As we move into the second half of March I wanted to stop and reflect on my Slice of Life Writing Challenge journey so far. 

I firstly want to celebrate that I have written and posted something everyday. When I've been tired and have been close to missing a night I've gotten creative; hello haiku poem on being tired. 

The challenge has helped me rediscover the writer within me. I've always known it was there. Like a long distance run, I love being there once I'm in the zone, but getting in the zone is hard. 
Finding a regular time to write has been helpful. Writing while I lay with my little one while he falls asleep has been key. That is not something I miss, so therefore it has helped me not miss a writing session. 

Being metacognitive about what I do as a writer really helps me to think about how I can support children and teachers. 

So where to from here? Well I already have my goal for next year. Read and comment on other Slicer's writing. I've read a few this year but have had challenges with posting from my phone. It wants me to log in to which ever platform the Slicer is using. I have no doubt it's not too difficult to figure out,, but right now it is in the "I don't have the energy' category. Next year I will get all that sorted towards the end of Feb and make my goal to write everyday and post at least one comment everyday. 

This has been a wonderful experience. I can't wait to finish off the month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Long Between Hugs

Mission Accomplished

A Trip to the Spelling Bee