I Want To Tell Stories Like Pixar Does - Part 1

This is going to be a two part post as I want to practice breaking deconstructing the new Pixar movie Turning Red through the lens of the Pixar Storytelling framework. I've watched the ones on YouTube where they deconstruct how movies like Up and Inside Out follows the formula (I feel these were like modelled writing) now I want to try it out with the new movie not to catch them out but to understand how they use thos formula to great effect. I'm hoping this can help me as I continue to write and support writers in thinking about what makes a great story. 

My next step is to go back and review the formula. I'll then think about the story of Turning Red and plug them in where appropriate. 

Warning about Part 2 - there will be spoilers. 

Comments

  1. It sounds like you have quite a specific mission ahead. All the best to you! May you get your desired outcome, or at least enjoy the exploration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an interesting project. My daughter watched the movie on Friday, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm curious to hear about your findings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Long Between Hugs

Mission Accomplished

A Trip to the Spelling Bee