Regrets I've Had a Few

Tell me what you regret and I'll tell you what you value. This statement from Daniel Pink from his podcast with Brene Brown (ha Pink and Brown) made me pause. Values work is something I've been doing with my life coach. We approached it from narrowing down values and traits from a large list and then narrowing them down a bit more. 
Would they be the same if I 'tell' my regrets? Truthfully, I'm nervous about doing this. I worry it'll be like opening the flood gates. I'm scared of what I may discover about myself. 
Both Daniel and Brene say that regret has the potential to turn into shame. What helps shame to grow is secrecy, silence, and judgement. Its cryptonite is empathy. I think I may ponder this for a little bit longer, perhaps create a list in a slow burn fashion. I think I'll regret it if I don't. 

Comments

  1. Very insightful! I regret eating a lot of popcorn recently. But I pop it myself on the stovetop, not in the microwave. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Long Between Hugs

Mission Accomplished

A Trip to the Spelling Bee