Too Long Between Hugs

Three years it had been since I've hugged one of my blood relatives. My recollection has it as four Christmases / New Years' ago (2018/2019). I was lucky enough to have an extended stay while I waited for my visa but that had it's own stressors. 

Roughly 1000 days since I've seen my big sister in the flesh. And tomorrow I get to hug her neck. 
The last time I saw her I didn't have a child and I wasn't married. During these 1000 days she has sent her eldest to boarding school at the top end of the earth. I know it broke her heart a little, and the best we could do was connect via WhatsApp. 
I can't wait for my boy to meet his Debbie Debbie Dumpling. 

I will be cautiously optimistic until her plane touches down at JFK. Once it does I will soak up every bit of the next 5 days. 

Comments

  1. Oh my, 1000 days feels like a lifetime! I hope you have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Debbie Dumpling is one lucky lady. Her nickname alone made my day. Soak up her love and company. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three years is so long for siblings. I would think anyway. I wish you a blessed reunion and time together. And I hope you thoroughly enjoy your hug around the neck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished

A Trip to the Spelling Bee